Connect with us


Two men charged for alleged involvement in Port Stephens shooting

Two men have been charged for their alleged involvement in a shooting that took place in regional NSW on August 29, which left a man dead.

Emergency services were called to Hideaway Drive in the rural suburb of Salt Ash in Port Stephens at around 1.45pm that day after reports a white Ford Ranger had hit a tree.

When police officers and paramedics arrived at the scene they found a male driver, 45-year-old David King, with a fatal gunshot wound.

READ MORE: Inner West light rail service suspended for up to 18 months

He died at the scene.

Police later located a burnt-out white Hyundai Santa Fe in the suburb of Heatherbrae, which authorities believed was allegedly connected to the shooting.

Officers and paramedics found a male driver suffering a fatal gunshot wound.


Detectives from the Port Stephens-Hunter Police District created Strike Force Breve to investigate the shooting and also received assistance from State Crime Command’s Homicide Squad.

At around 11.30am on Friday police stopped a vehicle in Raymond Terrace, about 26 kilometres north of Newcastle.

The 27-year-old driver was arrested and later charged with murder, detaining a person in company with intent to obtain advantage, damaging property by fire, and possessing or using a prohibited weapon without permission.

The crime scene in Hideaway Drive, Salt Ash after a driver was found with a gunshot wound.

READ MORE: Inner West light rail service suspended for up to 18 months

Later on Friday police arrested a 39-year-old man at a shopping centre in Charlestown.

He was charged with being an accessory after the fact to murder and accessory after the fact to kidnapping.

Both men have been refused bail and are set to appear at Newcastle Local Court today.

Strike Force Breve is continuing their investigations into the shooting.

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *